CO2 sampling data logger
– ideal for biological incubators & research projects
- ESCM-01 0 to 1%
- ESCM-56 0 to 5%
- ESCM-02 0 to 30%
- ESCM-50 0 to 60%
- ESCM-03 0 to 100%
Our portable, battery-powered Sampling Data Logger is designed to measure carbon dioxide in enclosed environments or inaccessible areas. Use it for applications like biological incubator monitoring, CO2 fire suppression testing, modified atmosphere packaging, fermentation vats & barrels, and CO2 leak detection. The internal memory can record CO2 levels over time.
- Portable CO2 Meters
- Greenhouse CO2 Monitors and Controllers
- CO2 Alarms for Workplace Safety
- Visit our Scientific Instrumentation Site
- Lightweight, easy-grip design
- Separate Power On/Off Switch and Logging On/Off Switch to extend battery and pump life
- Back-lit LCD display
- Programmable CO2 level alarm
- 15,000 data points in memory
- Built-in 1,000-hour micro pump (upgrade to 10,000 hours on request)
- Impact-resistant case, power supply, tubing/filter kit, and USB cable
Inside the Sampling Data Logger is a battery-operated micro-pump connected to inlet and outlet tubing ports. The unit can be programmed to automatically turn itself on (once every 15 seconds up to once every 18 hours), draw gas for a programmable period of time from the inlet port, expel it from the outlet port, and log the CO2 values with a time stamp. Later, the data can be retrieved via USB connection to a computer running our free GasLab® software
By connecting tubing to the inlet, you can remotely sample gas, or by connecting tubing to both ports, you can create a closed-loop system and return the gas back to the original container. This makes the Sampling Data Logger perfect for measuring potentially dangerous high concentrations of CO2 over hours or days.
The Sampling Data Logger comes in five models: 1%, 5%, 30%, 60% and 100% CO2. All models include a data cable for programming and retrieving logged data. It includes a back-lit LCD that changes color according to CO2 levels, filters, fittings, tubing and auxiliary international power supply.
Are you doing Fire Suppression Testing? If so, complete the required, simultaneous three level testing with our 3 Pack of 100% Sampling Data Loggers. We offer a 10% discount on the cost of the 3 pack.
This device uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and free to use with our products.
- CO2 Measurement: non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)
- Sampling Method: Tube sampling 0.40 l/min
- Response Time: < 20 seconds diffusion or tube IN/OUT @ 0.20 l/min gas flow
- Range: 1% to 100% CO2 depending on model
- Data Logging: 15,000 data points internal memory
- Logging interval: 5 seconds to 18 hours
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
- Calibration certificate tag
- Maintenance Interval: No maintenance required
- Tubing size: 1/8″
- 1,000 hour pump – upgrade available to 10,000 hour pump on request
Download Brochure and Manual
- CO2 in parts-per-million (ppm) for 1% and 5% models
- CO2 in percentage format (nn.nn%) for 30%, 60%, 100%
- Logging On/Off
- Percentage of memory free
- 4 AA batteries (not included)
- International wall power supply 6VDC (included)
- USB A to USB Mini Cable
- 1/8″ tubing 10 feet long
- International wall mount power supply
- Moisture trap
- Particulate and hydrophobic filters
- Assorted tubing fittings
- High-Impact Carrying Case
System requirements for data logging or changing defaults
- Windows XP SP2 or newer
- Microsoft .Net 3.5 Runtime Libraries
- 1 Year
- Djoufack-Momo et al. 2014. Evaluation of Carbon Dioxide Dissipation within a Euthanasia Chamber. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 53(4): 404–407.
Additional Scientific Instruments
Edaphic Scientific is our scientific arm and has a large range of scientific instrumentation. Visit Edaphic Scientific for CO2 sensors, dissolved gas sensors, microsensors, spectrometers, water meters, and more.